Father VanDenBroeke will be in Guatemala March 1-11. Follow along with their adventures at msunewman2018.wordpress.com
Please join us for our annual Parish Family Bingo on Sunday, January 21! Bring the whole family for a Sunday afternoon of fun, food and prizes. Invite your family and neighbors – everyone is welcome!
Bingo will be held in the Crusader Civic Center.
11:00am – lunch is available for purchase
Bingo games start at 12:00pm. Play bingo all afternoon for a cover charge of $3.00. Extra cards are available for $0.50 each.
Sponsored by the IC-CCW.
Following is the schedule for special Advent Penance Services, and special Masses for Christmas and New Year’s. For the full Mass schedule, including regular weekend masses, daily masses and memorials, please visit our Mass Schedule page at churchoftheimmaculateconception.net/mass-schedule/
Monday, December 18
7:00pm – Penance Service at Most Holy Trinity, Veseli
Tuesday, December 19
7:00pm – Penance Service (here at Immaculate Conception)
Wednesday, December 20
7:00pm – Penance Service at St. Nicholas, New Market
Sunday, December 24
4:00pm – Christmas Eve
9:30pm – Czech & English Christmas Carols
10:00pm – Christmas Eve
Monday, December 25
9:00am – Christmas Day
Sunday, December 31
4:00pm – Vigil Mass, The Blessed Virgin Mary, the Mother of God
Monday, January 1
9:00am – The Blessed Virgin Mary, the Mother of God
On the Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception, Friday, December 8, we were pleased to welcome Archbishop Hebda to our church! The feast of the Immaculate Conception is our Parish’s Feast Day.
Archbishop Hebda presided at Mass, with Father VanDenBroeke. After Mass, parish families and friends were invited to the Civic Center for coffee and goodies. Archbishop Hebda partook in the festivities, enjoying the treats and fellowship.
Please enjoy the pictures from this very special event!
Much fun was had by all who attended our 1st Annual Apple Cider Sunday on October 1. While it was raining outside, we were busy pressing inside. We pressed over 1,250 apples and made about 30 gallons of apple cider! Fresh pressed cider was given out to those who wanted a tasting, or take some home. In between the “work” of pressing, we enjoyed a yummy potluck lunch. As we finished pressing the last of our apples, we were entertained by the musical talent of our very own Fr. VanDenBroeke and special guest, Fr. Brandon Theisen.
Enjoy the pictures and we hope you can join us next year!
Now accepting online registrations for the 2017-18 Religious Education session!
Registration is open until August 20. Register by August 10th to receive the early bird discount!
Once you have created an account on TADS, certain fields will fill-in automatically for you. If you already have a TADS account from previous years, please login and you will have the option to choose LNMV Religious Education and the 2017-18 SY in your account.
Please note that registrations are not complete until payment has been submitted.
10:00am Polka Mass,
featuring the IC Church Choir
Many fun things to do:
- Games for kids
- Try your luck at the Chance Booth or Split the Pot!
- Book of Prizes – drawing at 6:00pm
- Homemade Czech baking goods
- Country Market and Crafts
- Used-a-Bit stand
- Knights of Columbus Raffle for a 2017 Polaris Sportsman 570
- and more!!
Live Entertainment featuring the Jolly P’s and the Whitesidewalls
Bring your lawn chairs!
Many food choices (food stands open at 10:30am):
- Pork and Dumplings
- Brats and Hot Beef Sandwiches
- Hamburgers and Hot Dogs
- French Fries
- Pie and Ice Cream
- Nachos and Cheese
- Ice cream stand
Please join us!
June 18th, 2017
The Most Holy Body & Blood of Christ
“…whoever eats this bread will live forever.”
A Father’s Day Prayer
God our Father,
you govern and protect your people
and shepherd them with a father’s love.
You place a father in a family as a sign
of your love, care, and constant protection.
May fathers everywhere be faithful to the
example shown in the Scriptures: steadfast
in love, forgiving transgressions, sustaining
the family, caring for those in need.
Give your wisdom to fathers
that they may encourage and guide their children.
Keep them healthy so they may support a family.
Guide every father with the Spirit of your love
that they may grow in holiness
and draw their family ever closer to you.
June 11th, 2017
The Most Holy Trinity
“God so loved the world that he gave his only Son,
so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life.”
June 4th, 2017
“Receive the Holy Spirit.
Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them,
and whose sins you retain are retained.”
10 things you should know about Pentecost Sunday…
- Pentecost Sunday marks the day when the Holy Spirit descended upon the Apostles.
- Pentecost Sunday occurs 50 days after Easter.
- The Bible records the Pentecost in Acts 2:1-13.
- Pentecost comes 10 days after the Ascension of Jesus Christ.
- Pentecost is also known as “the birthday of the Church”.
- Pentecost fulfills Jesus’ promise to send the “Counselor” and “Spirit of Truth” in John 16-5-15.
- Pentecost launches the large-scale spreading of the Gospel after Jesus’ Ascension. Acts 2:41 records that after Peter spoke to the crowd after receiving the Holy Spirit, some 3,000 people were baptized.
- The Pentecostal movement derives its name from the New Testament event in Acts 2.
- Jews also celebrate Pentecost, but not for the same reason as Christians. The celebration by Jews of Pentecost is to observe God giving the Ten Commandments on Mount Sinai 50 days after the Exodus. The Pentecost in Jewish tradition takes place 50 days after Passover.
- In Western Churches, Pentecost is usually represented with the color red, which symbolizes the fire of the Holy Spirit.