July 7, 2019
14th Sunday in Ordinary Time
“…do not rejoice because the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice because your names are written in heaven.”
Help with Parish Projects
There are several projects I would like to accomplish here at the parish, and so I’m reaching out to ask for help. If you would be able to assist with any of these, or for more information, please let me know.
- Refinish church front doors (sand down, then re-stain and varnish wood doors).
- Make front church doors fit better so they don’t stick (the humidity makes them bind and hard to open).
- Drywall and paint door frames in parish office.
- Install (and paint) new gutter downspouts on church and civic center.
- Fix plaster wall and re-paint church sacristy sink room.
- Paint walls near elevator in church.
- Install new fan over stove in rectory kitchen.
- Repair plaster wall in rectory.
- Paint garage door.
This month’s Lighthouse CD is Winning the Game for Christ by Mike Sweeney.
In honor of the great season the Minnesota Twins are having, I thought it would be good to have this month’s Lighthouse CD be about baseball. The speaker is All-star baseball player Mike Sweeney.
In this CD, Mike speaks to 5000 young adults about his own experience of living his Catholic Faith from when he was a high school jock, through his time in Major League baseball. With humor and humility, he shares the circumstances that led him to completely center his life on God, and how the Lord wants to personally be involved in your life, too. Mike relates how pivotal choices led to his amazing ride with Christ.
If it would be easier for you to listen to this (or any other Lighthouse CD talk) as an MP3, rather than on CD, please talk to me.
You are in my daily prayers.
God bless you,